Thanks to everyone who joined Suffrage100MA and the Mayor’s Office of Women’s Advancement
on August 24, 2022 at the Boston Pubic Garden to Commemorate
Women’s Equality Day 2022
Focus On: Reproductive Rights & Voting
See below for photos of the celebration! And view our Facebook Live stream of the event.
Special thanks to our speakers:
- Fredie Kay, Esq., Founder & President, Suffrage100MA
- Alexandra Valdez, Executive Director, Mayor’s Office of Women’s Advancement
- Dr. Nate Horwitz-Willis, Executive Director of the Advocacy Fund, Planned Parenthood League of Massachusetts
- Sasha Goodfriend, Executive Director, MassNOW
- Patricia Comfort, Executive Director, League of Women Voters of Massachusetts
- Senator Cindy Creem, MA Senate Majority Leader
- Senator Becca Rausch, Norfolk, Bristol and Middlesex District
- Mary-dith Tuitt, MA Commission on the Status of Women and Vice-President, Suffrage100MA
About Women’s Equality Day: August 26, 1920 is the day that the 19th Amendment was added to the U.S. Constitution after a 72+ years-long battle by suffragists of many backgrounds to obtain the vote for women. The struggle for voting rights has continued, resulting in the passage of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 and other legal achievements, and today we must continue to fight for equality and against voting restrictions.
Photo credit: Axie Breen Photography and Suffrage100MA.