The Women’s Suffrage Celebration Coalition of Massachusetts (WSCC) is dedicated to commemorating the upcoming 100th anniversary of the adoption of the 19th Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, ratified in 1920, prohibiting the federal and state governments from denying citizens the right to vote on the basis of sex.
The WSCC presents events and activities that highlight the history of the women’s suffrage movement and women’s rights.
The WSCC is a non-profit coalition that partners and collaborates with many organizations in Massachusetts and throughout the country that are also planning events to celebrate this historic occasion.
Commemorate the centennial of the ratification of the 19th Amendment, granting women suffrage.
- Increase voter participation by motivating voters to appreciate and exercise the right to vote;
- Provide educational opportunities for all ages to learn the inspiring and dramatic history of women’s suffrage;
- Engage arts and cultural organizations to use this centennial as a catalyst for creative program planning;
- Recognize and celebrate the progress of women’s rights since obtaining suffrage in 1920;
- Shine a light on all we still need to do to achieve full equality for women;
- Showcase the many dynamic and effective existing women’s rights organizations;
Host June 2019 kick-off for 2020 commemorative events; and
Host 2020 event to celebrate the right to vote: Inspired by the Boston suffrage parades of 1914 and 1915, the WSCC looks forward to creating a similar event in 2020.
Board of Directors
- Fredie Kay, President
- Margaret Murphy, Vice President
- Barbara Ridge, Secretary
- Claudia Greenfield, Treasurer
- Anne Borg, Communications
- 2018 Julia Applebaum, Sharon Kane, Thalia Neebe
- 2017 Anna Robinson
- 2016 Alice Janigro
Email any board member via Contact Us.